by Darren Becker
To ensure members of the Lester B. Pearson School Board community remain up to date regarding what transpires at regular Council of Commissioners meetings, the Department of Communications and Community Development will be sending out summaries of the different decisions that are taken following each meeting.
Please find some of the highlights below that were taken during the December 20th regular meeting.
Different Committee reports that were presented as well as the minutes will be available at the following link by the end of the week: http://www.lbpsb.qc.ca/eng/council/CommitteeReports.asp.
1) The Council of Commissioners approved that Deborah Dixon be temporarily assigned to the position of Regional Director, effective January 17, 2022.
2) The Council of Commissioners approved the 2020-2021 Annual Report in accordance with Section 220 of the Education Act. The report will be sent to Quebec Premier Francois Legault, the Quebec Minister of Education, all members of the National Assembly and municipalities on the territory. A copy of the report is available at the following link:
3) The Council of Commissioners approved that the consultation document entitled Budget Consultation 2022-2023 be distributed to the consultative partners of the Lester B. Pearson School Board during the week of January 5, 2022, in order for the community to provide input on the allocation of subsidies, school tax proceeds and other revenues of the School Board, with responses to be completed online or returned to the Secretariat, no later than March 31, 2022.
4) The Council of Commissioners approved that the Lester B. Pearson School Board adopt the Student Transportation Zones for the 2022- 2023 school year and that the Transportation Advisory Committee make recommendations to Council regarding the school hours and user fees for Empty Seat bussing in the spring of 2022.
5) The Council of Commissioners approved that the document entitled Policy on Student Representation at the Lester B. Pearson School Board be adopted, effective December 20th 2021. The document is now available on the Council of Commissioners’ website:
6) The Council of Commissioners approved that Commissioners Angela Berryman, Allison Saunders, Marilyne Boyer, Malik Shaheed and Patricia Ottoni, represent the Lester B. Pearson School Board at the virtual annual conference of the Learning Disabilities Institute from March 23 to 25, 2022; and that expenses be reimbursed in accordance with the School Board’s Policy governing Commissioners’ Local Travel, Conference and Other Expenses.