Council Summary May 2022
by Darren Becker
To ensure members of the Lester B. Pearson School Board community remain up to date regarding what transpires at regular Council of Commissioners meetings, the Department of Communications and Community Development sends out summaries of the different decisions that are taken following each meeting.
Please find some of the highlights below that were taken during the May 30th regular meeting. Different Committee reports that were presented as well as the minutes will be available at the following link: http://www.lbpsb.qc.ca/eng/council/CommitteeReports.asp.
1. The Council of Commissioners of the Lester B. Pearson School Board approved that the administrative assignment changes in the schools and centres of the LBPSB described in the chart on pp.3-4 entitled Administrative Staffing Changes 2022-2023 (Schools and Centers) take effect on July 1, 2022.
2. The Council of Commissioners approved that in accordance with sections 193.3 and 193.4 of the Education Act, the Council of Commissioners of the Lester B. Pearson School Board receive the 2022-2023 budget recommendations of the Allocation of Resources Committee. Should the Council of Commissioners decide not to implement one of these recommendations, it will give reasons for its decision, which will be noted in its meeting minutes and sent to the Allocation of Resources Committee.
3. The Council of Commissioners approved the Lester B. Pearson School Board’s participation in the Comité de gestion de la taxe scolaire de l’île de Montréal Group Purchasing Plan for the 2023-2024 school year for the Items of CGTSIM tenders 2023- 2024 for the contracts of December 1, 2023 to November 30, 2024, for the contracts of March 1, 2023 to February 28, 2024, and for the contract of July 1, 2023 to June 30, 2024.
4. The Council of Commissioners approved that in accordance with section 434.5 of the Education Act, the Lester B. Pearson School Board call upon the Comité de gestion de la taxe scolaire de l’Île de Montréal to allocate the maximum amount for financing the School Board’s local needs and that a copy of this resolution be forwarded to the Comité de gestion de la taxe scolaire de l’Île de Montréal.
5. The Council of Commissioners approved the adoption of the Lester B. Pearson School Board 2022-2023 Student Transportation Organizational Plan.
6. The Council of Commissioners approved that for the purpose of entering into agreements for services required after July 1, 2022, and in accordance with the Education Act as well as the Regulation Respecting Student Transportation, the Director General be authorized to negotiate, by mutual agreement with the transportation carriers currently under contract with the Lester B. Pearson School Board and that the Director General submit the proposed terms and conditions of said agreements to the Advisory Committee on Student Transportation for its recommendations to the Council of Commissioners.
7. The Council of Commissioners approved that funds be made available to cover the reimbursement of expenses for Commissioner Frank di Bello to attend the 2022 National Trustee Gathering on Indigenous Education and Canadian School Boards Association Congress to be held from July 6 to 8, 2022, in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan; and that expenses be reimbursed in accordance with the School Board’s Policy governing Commissioners’ Local Travel, Conference and Other Expenses.
8. The Council of Commissioners approved that the contract with Groupe Compass (Québec) Ltée for the provision of food services throughout the network of schools, centres and offices of the Lester B. Pearson School Board, with the exception of the caf-mobile services for elementary schools, be renewed under the same terms and conditions, including the indexed price list, for a period of 1 year, from July 1, 2022 to June 30, 2023.