Council Summary September 2023
by Darren Becker
To ensure members of the Lester B. Pearson School Board community remain up- to-date regarding what transpires at regular Council of Commissioners meetings, the Department of Communications and Community Development sends out summaries of the different decisions that are taken following each meeting.
1. The Council of Commissioners of the Lester B. Pearson School Board approved that Jennifer Neill be appointed Assistant Director of Human Resources of the Lester B. Pearson School Board (Permanent Probationary Status) effective January 1st 2024.
2. The Council of Commissioners appointed Lujain Hamdaqa and Kaiya Schade as the Student Commissioners at the Lester B. Pearson School Board, for the 2023-2024 school year.
Please find below highlights of some of the decisions that were taken during the May 29th regular meeting. Different Committee reports that were presented as well as the minutes can be found at the following link: https://www.lbpsb.qc.ca/council-of-commissioners/information-from-council/
3. The Council of Commissioners nominated Chair Judith Kelley for the position of Vice-President of the Quebec English School Boards Association for the two-year term 2023-2025.
4. It was resolved that the document entitled Council Committees Membership Chart, dated September 26, 2023, be adopted and that the chart be posted on the Council of Commissioners webpage.
5. The Council of Commissioners approved that the Lester B. Pearson School Board adopt and transmit, to the Ministry of Education its 2023-2024 operating, investment and debt service budget anticipating revenues of $366,114,387 and expenses of $368,880,231 with is a $2,765,844 deficit.
6. The Council of Commissioners approved that the draft consultation document entitled Enrolment Criteria Policy (including the section on Derogations for Admissions) be distributed to the Parents Committee and other consultative partners of the School Board during the week of September 25, 2023, with responses to be returned to the Secretariat no later than November 17, 2023, for consideration; and that the final draft of the Enrolment Criteria Policy be adopted at the meeting of the Council of Commissioners of November 27, 2023.
8. The Council of Commissioners approved that the 2022-2023 Annual Report, including the months of July and August 2023, presented by the Lester B. Pearson School Board’s Student Ombudsperson to the Council of Commissioners be received.
9. The Council of Commissioners approved that the professional service contracts be awarded, in accordance with the tender documents and as per the Act Respecting Contracting by Public Bodies and the Regulation Respecting the Service Contracts of Public Bodies, to:
10. The Council of Commissioners approved that the professional service contracts be awarded, in accordance with the tender documents and as per the Act Respecting Contracting by Public Bodies and the Regulation Respecting the Service Contracts of Public Bodies, to:
The Council of Commissioners approved that approval be given to the Lester B. Pearson School Board s participation in the Centre d acquisition gouvernementales group purchasing for classroom furniture (2023-7547-50) for a 24-month term with the possibility of renewing for one additional year; and that approval be given for a maximum amount of $600,000 before taxes.
1 LaSalle Elementary School Jr. Horizon High School Artesa Inc.
2 Terry Fox Elementary School St. John Fisher Elementary School Jr. Cohlmeyer Architecture Limite
3 Maple Grove Elementary School Beechwood Elementary School Forest Hill Elementary School Jr. St. Patrick Elementary School Atelier MAa architecture + design
4 Mount Pleasant Elementary School Beurling Academy GR7 Architecture Inc.
5 LaSalle Community Comprehensive High School ANA Architecture Inc.
6 St. Thomas High School Children s World Academy Aedifix+ Inc.
7 Lakeside Academy Cormier Lefebvre Architectes Inc.
LOT SCHOOL(S) COMPANY
1 Westwood High School Sr. Wilder Penfield Elementary School CIMA + S.E.N.C.
2 Westpark Elementary School Edgewater Elementary School Sunshine Elementary School EXP Services Inc.
3 Pierrefonds Community High School Bouthillette Parizeau Inc.