Council Summary December 2022
by Darren Becker
To ensure members of the Lester B. Pearson School Board community remains up- to-date regarding what transpires at regular Council of Commissioners meetings, the Department of Communications and Community Development sends out summaries of the different decisions that are taken following each meeting.
Please find below highlights of some of the decisions that were taken during the December 12th regular meeting. Different Committee reports that were presented as well as the minutes can be found at the following link: https://www.lbpsb.qc.ca/council-of-commissioners/information-from-council.
1. The Council of Commissioners approved that the consultation document entitled Budget Consultation Plan 2023-2024 be distributed to the consultative partners of the Lester B. Pearson School Board during the week of January 9, 2023, for the community to provide input on the allocation of subsidies, school tax proceeds and other revenues of the School Board. Responses are to be returned to the Secretary General no later than March 31, 2023.
2. The Council of Commissioners approved that the document entitled Policy on Extracurricular Activities and Field Trips be adopted, effective December 12, 2022. A copy of the document will be available at the following link in the coming days: https://www.lbpsb.qc.ca/council-of-commissioners/policies-and-by-laws/
3. The Council of Commissioners approved the consent of the Lester B. Pearson School Board to the proposed transaction defined in the attachment entitled “Modification to Transportation Service Contract number LBP 222803” and dated December 12, 2022, be given to Lucien Bissonnette Inc.
4. The Council of Commissioners approved that the 2021-2022 Lester B. Pearson School Board Annual Report be approved and be transmitted to the Minister of Education Bernard Drainville, Premier François Legault, Éric Girard, Minister responsible for Relations with English-Speaking Quebecers and to all Members of the National Assembly as well as to the municipalities on the territory of the Lester B. Pearson School Board.
A copy of the 2021-2022 Annual Report is available at the following link: https://www.lbpsb.qc.ca/wp-content/uploads/Annual-Report-2021-2022.pdf
5. The Council of Commissioners approved that the document entitled School/Centre Name and External Property Name Policy be adopted, effective December 12, 2022.
6. The Council of Commissioners approved that the transportation service contract with Transport École-Bec Montréal (EBM) Inc. be approved for the 2022-2028 school years.
7. The Council of Commissioners approved that Commissioners Marilyne Boyer and Alaina Charszan represent the Lester B. Pearson School Board at the virtual annual conference of the Learning Disabilities Institute from March 22nd to March 24, 2023.
8. The Council of Commissioners of the Lester B. Pearson School Board approved that Commissioner Alaina Charszan represent the LBPSB at the Conference of The Centre of Excellence For Mental Health on January 19th while Commissioner Allison Saunders will represent the LBPSB at the Conference on January 20th 2023.