Council Summary November 2022
by Darren Becker
To ensure members of the Lester B. Pearson School Board community remain up-to-date regarding what transpires at regular Council of Commissioners meetings, the Department of Communications and Community Development sends out summaries of the different decisions that are taken following each meeting.
Please find below highlights of some of the decisions that were taken during the November 28th regular meeting. Different Committee reports that were presented as well as the minutes can be found at the following link: https://www.lbpsb.qc.ca/council-of-commissioners/information-from-council
1. The Council of Commissioners of the Lester B. Pearson School Board approved the appointment of Ms. Véronique Marin to the position of Assistant Director General of the LBPSB effective January 9, 2023. For more details about the appointment please click here:
https://www.lbpsb.qc.ca/wp-content/uploads/2022-11-29-News-Release.pdf to read a news release.
2. The Council of Commissioners approved the following administrative changes effective January 9th 2023: Marie-France Lacombe be appointed Vice Principal of Beaconsfield High School (Probationary Status) and Marie-Josée Paquette be appointed Principal of Forest Hill Jr. Elementary School (Probationary Status).
3. The Council of Commissioners approved the Lester B. Pearson School Board’s participation in the Centre d’acquisition gouvernementales group purchasing of cellular phones and services for a 72-month term with no option of renewing for a maximum amount of $525,000 before taxes.
4. The Council of Commissioners approved the adoption of the document entitled Council Committees Membership Chart, dated November 28, 2022, and that said chart
(https://www.lbpsb.qc.ca/wp-content/uploads/2022-11-28-Council-Committee-Membership.pdf) be posted on the Council of Commissioners webpage.
5. The Council of Commissioners approved that Commissioner O. Dia be appointed as member of the Executive Committee effective November 28, 2022. The term of office of all members of the Executive Committee ends on November 3, 2024.
6. The Council of Commissioners approved the Lester B.Pearson School Board’s 2021-2022 Financial Statements and their submission to the Comité de gestion de la taxe scolaire de l’île de Montréal and the Ministère de l’Éducation, showing revenues of $360,174,821 and expenses of $ 347,509,824 for a surplus of $12,664,948. Please click on the following link to see more details regarding the financial statements: https://www.lbpsb.qc.ca/wp-content/uploads/2021-2022-Financial-Statements.pdf
7. The Council of Commissioners approved the signing of a sports protocol with the Fédération Natation Artistique Québec and their mandatary Le Club Montréal Synchro Inc.
8. The Council of Commissioners approved the Board-level administrative structure of the Lester B. Pearson School Board, represented in the Organigram dated November 28, 2022. The organigram can be viewed here: https://www.lbpsb.qc.ca/wp-content/uploads/2022-2023-ORG-Chart-November-2022-scaled.jpg