Top 10 Things we Miss After Retiring from the LBPSB
submitted by L’ARSE
The Association of Retired School Educators (L’ARSE) was asked to create a list of the top 10 things retired school board employees missed about working at the Board. So we went to the source – retired employees. Maybe you can suggest more reasons!
10) The energy in the school building.
9) The hum of children’s voices.
8) Outdoor education, canoe trips with students, building quinzees in the snow.
7) interacting with students outside of class time – at recess, lunch, or after school.
6) Seeing the joy on a student’s face as they figure out something they’ve been struggling with.
5) Visiting the schools and supporting their teachers.
4) The day-to-day routine, and knowing what day and date it is.
3) Union rep weekends in the Laurentians.
2) Extra-curricular sports and activities.
1) The camaraderie with talented colleagues – friendships which have lasted a lifetime.
L’ARSE is the Association of Retired School Employees, open to any retiree from any school board or from any CEGEP. We offer a wide range of opportunities to participate, learn and socialize. The L’ArsEncore newsletter outlines the many and diverse activities available through our Association. If you are retired, or retiring soon, and interested in joining, please email Lois Maeder-Alves at email@example.com for more information. Membership is only $10 per year. We would love to have you join our wonderful group of retirees.